Marker.io allows you to collect unlimited feedback from unlimited Guests.
Each time you update a status or add a comment, Marker.io will update your Guests via email. For some Guests like agency clients, managing updates out of an email inbox can be challenging and lead to a couple of problems:
- Lack of overview: If Guests report multiple issues, they will need to manage their bug reports out of their email inbox, which can get overwhelming.
- Duplicate issues: Because Guests can only see their own feedback via their email inbox, they might submit issues that have been reported by another Guest.
This can slow down client approval.
Thankfully, the Guest Portal solves those problems!
What is the Guest portal?
The Guest Portal allows you to give your Guests an overview of all feedback they have previously reported, while keeping them out of your internal tools.
When given access to the Portal, your Guest will receive an invitation to a simplified view of your destination.
As you can see, we:
- Renamed Destinations into Projects,
- Removed all settings
- Removed link to project management like (eg: Trello card)
- Disabled issues reported by Team Members.
Why a Guest Portal?
- Give your Guests a clear overview of all feedback, instead of managing updates out of their email inbox.
- See all statuses at a glance.
- Avoid duplicates by allowing Guests to see feedback reported by other Guests.
How to setup the Guest Portal?
First, note that the Guest Portal is only available starting on the Team plan.
If you're on a smaller plan, you will still be able to collect unlimited feedback from unlimited Guests and collaborate with your Guests (e.g: change issue status) on individual issues via email. However, you won't be able to offer them a complete overview of all feedback they, and other Guests, have previously reported.
To setup your Portal, go to Destination > Settings > Guest Portal. (Each destination has its own Portal)
To give access to the Portal, you will need to give destination access to your Guests
If your destination name does not make sense to Guests, you can give it a different project name. This is the name they'll see when they open the Portal, so we recommend giving it the project name that your Guest can easily identify.
By default, all Guests with access to the Portal can see feedback by other Guests.
What about internal feedback? Guests can not see issues reported by Team Members.
When a Guest reports an issue via Marker.io, we will send a confirmation email only to Guests that do not have access to the Portal! Guests with access to the Portal won't receive this email. They can simply open the Portal to get an overview of all feedback reported.
As for the notification email for when an issue has been marked as Resolved, Marker.io will send it to all Guests, regardless of their access to the Portal.
The Guest Portal is ideal for keeping non-technical people, like clients, in the loop, without giving them full access to your internal tools (Jira, Trello, ...).